Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Crazy Cowboys

by Grizz
from bloggingtheboys.com:
Wed May 09, 2007 at 02:37:51 PM EDT

Tim Cowlishaw thinks the Cowboys are just plain insane in the membrane for avoiding drafting a QB in the higher rounds for so long.
The Cowboys won three Super Bowls after taking Troy Aikman with the first pick in the 1989 draft. They have not drafted a quarterback higher than the third round in 18 years since.

{snip}
Now they have cast their fate with an undrafted free agent, and Tony Romo may save them. He showed signs of being able to do so in his first five starts.
His last five starts, not so much.
Even if he thrives, it doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys have gone far too long in trying to find a quarterback on the cheap.

Let’s just hope that is over. Tony Romo, please don’t make us use a high draft pick next year on a QB. Besides, if next season goes so bad that we are considering drafting a QB in 2008, then it’s a good bet Carrie Underwood has fled the coop. You know how celebrity romances can be. I’m just saying.

This was pretty humorous. Our seventh-round draft pick Alan Ball has discovered life in the NFL. Ball was asked about going to minicamp in a Q&A session.

Q: Is it kind of like, on the one hand you have a job, you're doing what you wanted, but on the other hand, you have 14 days from when you're "hired" to when you have to be there?

A: Yeah, I thought I could go to mini-camp on Friday and maybe I'd be done on Tuesday. But they told me after I arrive for mini-camp I can't leave until July. It was kind of a shocker, that changed a lot of things for this week, next week. There's a lot of stuff I need to get done. It's exciting, it's the next step in my life, so I'm ready for it.

The NFL, it’s not just an adventure, it’s a job!