Thursday, September 27, 2007

DMN Blog: Phillips says Ellis is 50/50

Wade Phillips said OLB Greg Ellis has been upgraded to 50/50 for Sunday's game against St. Louis.

Ellis indicated this morning that he didn't think he'd be ready to go against the Rams. He backed off a bit when told that Phillips said yesterday there was a chance Ellis would play.

"If Wade said it, it may happen," Ellis said. "I don't know. Like I said, I've still got problems with it. I'm not there yet. I'm not going to shoot my head coach down if he said maybe I'll play. I'm not going to say that he doesn't know what he's talking about, but we've still got some problems with it."

Still doesn't sound like a guy who thinks he might be able to play Sunday, does it?

"I think you need to talk to him again," said Phillips, who added that Ellis would be used primarily in pass-rushing situations at first. "He practiced and he seemed to be confident after practice."

Posted by Tim MacMahon