Friday, March 21, 2008

DMN Blog: Colombo's a happy camper

by Tim MacMahon

I ran into Massachusetts native Marc Colombo outside the Celtics' locker room at the American Airlines Center last night.

It's hard to miss a 6-8, 320-pound dude wearing a big, green Paul Pierce jersey. But I almost didn't recognize Colombo because of the big smile on his face.

Colombo, quite an intense fella come football season, was happy about the Celtics' win over the Mavericks. He's ecstatic that Jerry stepped up to sign Flozell Adams before the left tackle could test the open market.

Colombo reiterated his remarks from last month that he considers Adams one of the elite pass-blocking tackles in football. He's also confident that continuity in the offensive line will pay dividends.

"I think Jerry's showing that, by signing [Adams], he's committed to the offensive line," Colombo said. "That's really big in my book that he did that. I'm really excited about this season having Flozell back.

"We're going to have the entire offensive line back. You don't know how huge that is to me."