Sunday, August 24, 2008

DALLAS COWBOYS PRESEASON ONE-LINERS

Posted by Michael David Smith

Said coach Wade Phillips after the Cowboys beat the Texans, “I feel good about where we are. It was one of those games that you needed to turn it on. I think everybody felt that, even the novices that don’t know as much as coaches do.”

Overall, the Cowboys looked ready for the regular season.

RB Marion Barber carried the ball 13 times for 75 yards and a touchdown.

“Marion embraces every opportunity of whatever we give him,” offensive coordinator Jason Garrett said. “He loves to play football. I think we all see that each and every game.”

The Cowboys’ offense had four first downs on its first five plays.

OTs Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo did a good job of protecting QB Tony Romo.

Romo said of the Texans, “They’re a good defense and it’s good to be playing well against them.”

Said CB Pacman Joens, “It was good. I had fun. I’m just trying to get better. I’m still not there, 100 percent. I’m not where I was two weeks or three weeks ago. I’m getting better.”

Rookie RB Felix Jones didn’t play in the first half and did next to nothing in the second half.

The special teams still has work to do: The Cowboys fumbled one kickoff, nearly fumbled away a punt and allowed the Texans kickoff returns of 68 and 52 yards.

LB Bobby Carpenter led the team with eight tackles.

LG Kyle Kosier (right foot) and WR/KR Isaiah Stanback (left shoulder) suffered injuries and will have MRIs today.