Saturday, October 18, 2008

DMN Blog: CB Ty Law lobbies to come to Cowboys

by Tim MacMahon

Five-time Pro Bowler Ty Law, 34, would love to play for a Super Bowl contender that needs some veteran help at cornerback. The Cowboys happen to have only one healthy, non-suspended cornerback with any starting experience.

Law, who started every game for Kansas City last season, mentioned Dallas and Green Bay as potential good fits for him to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. He said he isn't looking for a lot of money, but just wants to "feel respected."

Asked about the idea of playing in Dallas, Law said: "That would be a great opportunity, to play for a contender. I just don't want to play for anybody. I want to play for a contender, where I have the chance to go to the Super Bowl. I can help Dallas. I have the experience, I have been there before and I can help get a team over the edge. I'm not going to be a weak link for anybody and I'd love to try to provide some leadership for Dallas."
Law has been working out in Florida and is reportedly in discussions with the Dolphins. He said he would be ready to play right away.