Friday, July 27, 2007

Marten No Longer "Miserable"

Third-round pick James Marten got some good-natured ribbing from his fellow offensive linemen once he arrived at camp Thursday afternoon, but said it was nothing compared to what he called a "miserable" last two days in Dallas while he waited for his contract to get done.

Marten said he looked over his playbook, stretched, ran a little and generally tried not to go stir crazy.

"I just sit in my house and there's nothing there," Marten said. "It's just me. The only person I know in Texas is me."

Veteran Jim Molinaro has practiced at first-team right tackle with starter Marc Colombo recovering from a knee scope. With Colombo expected to miss at least a week, we'll see how it takes before Marten gets some first-team reps in his place.

Posted Jul 27 2007, 11:29 AM by rphillips with 26 comment(s)