Friday, July 27, 2007

Taking care of Romo

Are the Cowboys going to take care of quarterback Tony Romo?
Well, Dallas could sign Romo to a long-term deal before the start of the season and risk him struggling.

Or Dallas could wait until the end of the season and Romo has a great year and then might ask for more than what the Cowboys are willing to offer.

"If the conditions were right, then I could be real happy before the season starts or going into a long-term deal," Jerry Jones said. "If it’s the other way, I can make that work. And I’m not negotiating over the microphone. I’m just really realistically saying both. There’s a way that you could do it right now and under the wrong kinds of caveats I’d be miserable. There’s a way that you could not do it right now…and I’m really not speaking for him and his representation. I really shouldn’t even be implying that because Stephen [Jones] got the direct line to his representatives. I know that Tony wants to be here and I know that he wouldn’t be human – and he’s smart as a whip – if he didn’t want security. That is something to get security. And we both know that not having something done is not as secure for either party as getting something done under those circumstances. But if you do it the wrong way then that was a bad decision. So both."

Expect the Cowboys to sign Romo during the season. That's what I think.

Posted by Calvin Watkins at 9:41 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (2)