Monday, May 26, 2008

DMN Blog: Pacman works out with Deion

by Albert Breer

New Cowboys CB Pacman Jones was part Deion Sanders' informal "Prime U" workout at SMU this afternoon, and granted the NFL Network an interview, which is up on the league's official Web site.

As he said to Cowboys Blog last week at Jason Witten's bowling event, he's hoping to get out to OTAs ASAP. Jones mentioned to me he hoped to be out there last Tuesday. Now, of course, he said wants to be out here this Tuesday. And I figure he'll want to be out there every Tuesday, until he's actually reinstated.

"When I get back out there, there ain't no more coming out," Jones said, emphasizing that he that once he reinstated, he plans to stay in the league's good graces. He wouldn't go into any discussions with Roger Goodell, simply saying, "I think I should be alright."

Here's more of what he said to the Network ...

On playing offense: "The sky's the limit. I played a little offense, about 15 plays were scripted for me in Tennessee. I'm just happy to be here, whatever I can do to help my team win, I'm willing to do."

On the unpaid markers in Vegas: "It was just a miscommunication with the people that pay my bills. It got paid that morning. It was misunderstanding, I guess."